Linde operates a carbon monoxide (CO) plant in Hungary.
Packaged carbon monoxide is used in a variety of industries for a wide range of applications including:
- Metal Fabrication: Used in fuel gas mixtures with hydrogen and other gases for industrial and domestic heating.
- Chemicals: In the manufacture of a variety of chemicals such as acids, esters and alcohols. Carbon monoxide also produces and regenerates catalysts such as nickel carbonyl.
- Steel & Metals: For the reduction of ores and in the manufacture of metal carbonyls.
- Pharma & Biotechnology: Pharmaceutical manufacture.
- Electronics: High purity carbon monoxide is used for electronic and semiconductor applications.